Daily Musings
Thoughts and Ponderings
Poems and Other Things

Thursday, June 30, 2011

A Golfer's Invictus

(This is one of my earlier poems published in our class website. I've included it here so that it would not be left out in the event my son decides to put my blogs in book form.)


          Out at the Master's links I see
          Hazards and traps from hole to hole;
          I know they're meant for testing me
          And my indomitable (?) soul.

          Driving for show, I lost my stance,
          Got a bad lie, I griped aloud;
          Beguiled to take another chance,
          I lost my ball, but am uncowed.

          Beyond the final hole I see
          Our Master's Place, good golfer's lair
          Where someday toasts will be on me...
          For now, I'll share with you this pray'r:-

          It matters not how tough the course,
          How seemingly unfair the call;
          God, help me play better, not worse,
          God guide my ball, as well my soul!


                                    

                              

No comments:

Post a Comment