Daily Musings
Thoughts and Ponderings
Poems and Other Things

Monday, July 4, 2011

A Wish, A Dream, A Choice

     I used to climb up the tallest tamarind tree
     When I was a school boy in elementary;
     I would clamber to its highest branch just to see
     Shimmering in the distance the South China Sea.
     How could I forget those big ships sailing away!
     I made a wish I could sail my own ship someday...
     Where have those wild dreams and high hopes of youth all gone?
     I still dream dreams, but now a small boat should be fun.
     Life at the top, I suspect, is a huge burden;
     Live with bad thorn pricks if you have a rose garden.
     What profits then an old man still collecting toys?
     I've retired from the chase, the next race is for boys.
     Now, I just write...( At my age, it's the only choice.)

No comments:

Post a Comment