Daily Musings
Thoughts and Ponderings
Poems and Other Things

Saturday, September 12, 2015

TRIVIALITIES

Today I stamped down on some ants exploring my bathroom floor.
Reduced to lifeless motes, they shouldn't bother me any more...
In half an hour, about 10 score more crawled thru our front door.
Voltaire observed that stubborn believers in absurdities
Inevitably will commit horrific atrocities...
And so, I crushed and swept the dead ants toward our backyard wall.
Like so, ISIL should be treated, lest we be the ones to fall!
Indeed, their belief that they would be rewarded for killing
Totally helpless civilians and children is appalling;
I do believe these demon-possessed invaders are insane.
Enlighten and civilize them? Barbarians they will remain,
So stamp them all down, Uncle Sam; Give no quarter, give no gain!


No comments:

Post a Comment