Daily Musings
Thoughts and Ponderings
Poems and Other Things

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Eternally Yours

      Today, May 8th, is my birthday.  I was informed my Mommy had difficulty giving birth to me as I was a premature (7-months pregnancy period) first-born child. My aunts say I was so tiny, I could be carried by the assisting doctor's one hand.  Fearing that I would be unable to survive, the doctor (with my Daddy's consent) promptly baptized me "Corazon de Jesus Vivencio de Peralta, Jr. y Flores".
      Now I am a 78 years old wizened septuagenarian, still curious, getting querolous, impatient with discourteous drivers, and still hoping to hit the Lotto jackpot someday. I frankly don't feel old, although philosophically speaking, since I am conceived by my Timeless God, I may be a bit old  'earth-time' but still young in spirit. Ergo, I have a long future in store for me. You may be right that I am trying to console myself. Hope springs eternal. Truer, as far as I am concerned, is that my essence, my self, my soul is deathless - ETERNAL! And so too are you, my friend.

                (On the subject of deathlessness, I've inserted below a missive to my aunt
who died not too long ago.)--

              To my Aunt Teofila F. Nonog

      There is no Death in God's Exalted Place;
      Each soul was conceived by our Creator
      Outside the finite bounds of Time and Space.
      For you, then, Auntie, life will be better,
      Indeed, much more blissful than here on Earth.
      Let me THANK YOU, altho' belated,
      As you did care for me after my birth...

     (For Mom was then incapacitated.)

      Now surely many clan members are there;
      Oh, what a GRAND REUNION that would be!
      No doubt, you will see angels everywhere;
      Of course, they'll be in song, giving you welcome.
      Go in Peace, dear Aunt; God is calling you Home!

    
   

No comments:

Post a Comment