Daily Musings
Thoughts and Ponderings
Poems and Other Things

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

A Soldier's Song to His Beloved

     This is an English version of the Tagalog song that goes::-
"Ang puso ko'y dati tigib ng dusa;
 Dahil sa iyo, nakamtan ko'y ginhawa.
 Ang 'yong pagibig ang naging pag-asa
 Ng aking diwa so tuwi-tuwina...etc. "

     Before you came, my heart was filled with sorrow,
     Now that you're here, with hope I face tomorrow;
     Your sweet caresses drove my cares away,
     And your devotion gives me strength each day...
     So let us love, while there is time for loving;
     Soon I must go--. No reason to be grieving.
    When I depart to heed His call from high above,
    I'll leave with you my heart's undying love!


              English version by Skep/vdeperalta                                                      
  





                                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment