Daily Musings
Thoughts and Ponderings
Poems and Other Things

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Ponderings on the Demise of bin Ladin

     I had some misgivings about posting the thoughts below.  Today, I've decided to record  them in my blogspot, so to elicit whatever remarks or comments may be thrown in  by whoever may happen to read them and agrees or disagrees with my views:-
    1.) I recall bin Ladin's first name was spelled 'Osama'. Why did the media now spell it 'Usama'? I fear some conspiracy theorists may use that spelling change as some kind of link between the USA and the deceased.
    2.) Why hide the pictures or movies taken by the assaulting team?  Why not show to the world the gory fate of anyone who dares to kill or harm American citizens and other innocent human  beings?
    3.) How did a very close and conspicuous edifice escape the supposedly wary eyes of our supposed ally--the Pakistani government and/or its military?
    4,) I wholeheartedly agree that the civilized world should feel some relief and a bit of cheer that bin Ladin has finally been given his just deserts.But the death of this al-Qaeda leader is, to me, no cause for jubilation.
Whoever gave him the idea that hate, murder, and suicide bombings will help spread and strengthen the Islamic faith is (or are) very likely still busy poisoning the malleable minds of possible future jihadists.
     I recall during our town fiestas in Bauang, La Union, the young men and ladies stage 'moro-moro' plays with colorful costumes and wooden swords. There is a battle between the Christians and the Moors.  In the end, those who hate us lose. Always, the haters lose.  Now, we are no longer engaged in a sham battle.  And I'm no prophet, but I still say Haters Lose, for Love Conquers All.
    5.) A final thought, lest I be accused as thoroughly biased and judgmental. It is widely reported that bin Ladin was unarmed when he was killed.  Therefore, nobody knows whether at the time he was killed or even before his death, he already saw the grievous error that he made and may have regretted it. He may have even sincerely repented, and was therefore duly forgiven and saved by our All-Merciful Deity. I do not know. I trust, though, that he has now seen the Light and now knows the course he had taken would not lead him or his followers to houris but to Hell. Why, in the first place, would a man's soul have need for physical pleasure from six or seven houris in heaven? Voltaire, I recall, observed:-Men who believe in absurdities are bound to commit atrocities. Alas, how true!
                                                                            by Skep/vdeperalta

No comments:

Post a Comment